Why I'm writing this

It will be a different date when I'm posting this, but at the moment its the 6th of April 2019. Yesterday I delivered my second sick note to my manager at work which means I started week 3 of being home from work. For the first 2 weeks I tried different things like watching Netflix, listening to music, taking walks, clean the apartment and make food. And I gave online gaming a go. I couldnt do much of anything since it made the headaches worse. I couldnt stick with anything for more than 10-15 minutes before I needed a break to either move around or just not look at anything but the wall. Then there was a lot of "sitting around watching paint dry".

As I mentioned in my introduction, I'm writing this for others to read. You might be a medical student who is just stumbling upon my story, struggling with the same type of cyst that I have or just out of pure curiosity. Either way, I hope this will help you in whichever way for whatever reason.

When I got my first sick note, I googled alot. And I mean a loooot. Things like "pituituary gland cyst recovery time", symptoms, treatments (to see if there was any other posibilities than a surgery), pain relief, sick pay, waiting time, MRI scans, looking for forums, comment sections on whatever I could find and how the surgery is performed just to see pictures after reading my own medical journal. I found alot of different things, but not much that really helped me. A week and a half later after calling doctors and different hospitals (it was a mess) every day, I was, as mentioned earlier, watching paint dry with this insane pain and I thought "If anyone ask, how can I describe this pain?". The pain I'm talking about, I will describe as good as I can in a video I simply call "The Melon".

Once I figured out how to do the video, I thought I would want to share it with someone. I cant possibly be the only one in the world who has this type of cyst and is looking for information the same way I am. And that's where the blog-idea came from. Something for me to do while hopefully being able to help others. So far, writing these things down has also helped me "keep my sanity" if that makes any sense.

The days can be long without much to do, so alot of thinking goes down. One of my biggest questions to my Manager when I went to see him to deliver my second sick note was "Do I still have my job when all of this is over?". Of course I do. But in my head that was an issue and something I stressed about. I cant give my Manager enough credit for being as calm and helpful as he has been. He is truly amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four weeks has gone by

The Melon

Location and what it does